Omni Channel Activity
While the key eCommerce indicator for a while has been how many sales are made online, the reality is that it is not that simple, people use many channels. Omni-channel activity occupies 75% of buying activity (McKinsey)
Figure 1 Omni-Channel Buying Behaviour (McKinsey)
What is Omni Channel Marketing
Omni Channel marketing is a strategy that aims to provide customers with a seamless and consistent experience across all marketing channels. This includes online and offline channels such as email, social media, mobile, at a brick-and-mortar store, over the internet, via text, and other digital spaces.
The key to success is continuous monitoring and optimisation to ensure that your omnichannel marketing efforts are delivering the desired results and increase customer loyalty and satisfaction. Personalise communication with customers by using data and insights to tailor messages, offers, and product recommendations.
A lot of omni-channel activity consists of cross-platform behaviour. What is cross platform behaviour?
Understanding cross platform behaviour
The New Multi-Screen World
The Majority of media consumption is screen-based
Consumers move between multiple devices to accomplish their goals
Television no longer commands our full attention
Online shopping is a multi-screen activity
The effectiveness of omnichannel marketing
Omnichannel marketing shows that more than half of customers engage with three to five channels each time they make a purchase which translates in to increased sales because omnichannel customers shop 1.7 times more than shoppers who use a single channel. But, they also spend more per transaction!
Omnichannel approaches are commonly used in retail and also Meditech companies, who use a variety of channels including digital marketing, inside sales, portal and e-commerce, and hybrid sales-rep interactions to engage with healthcare professionals.
Covid-19 created ‘sticky’ buyer behaviour
- The increased demand for contactless shopping US grocery stores saw 20 to 30 percent of their business shift to online from just 3 to 4 percent of total sales for grocers.
- The shifts are likely to persist as people gravitated to kerbside pickup, “buy online, pay in store” models, and self-checkout at higher rates than in the past
- About 70 percent of people who first tried self-checkout in the pandemic say they’ll use it again.
Omni Channel buying made easier by Mobile Apps
Considering that most people habitually carry their mobile devices with them, this poses an incredible opportunity for businesses to use Mobile Apps to reach their target audiences who use their mobiles throughout the omni channel buying journey.
Do you have the right partner to take advantage of these new buyer behaviours and technology opportunities?
Full service digital agencies
Dealing with all the digital requirements of eCommerce today requires a comprehensive set of skills, see below:
This does not exist in every agency today, nor in inhouse marketing teams This is where full service agencies come into their own.
What are the benefits of full service digital marketing agencies?
Similar to the concept of a Fractional CMO (Customer Management Officer), where an experienced marketing executive plays a part-time role on the management team, fractional access can be arranged to a full service digital marketing agency’s services. Which means access to the expertise but without the fulltime cost.
Improved Management Focus. A digital marketing agency employs a wide variety of different tactics, strategies and online tools to help a business attain its marketing and sales goals which requires serious management attention, when the focus should be on growing your business from the inside.
Reduced Costs. Other than eliminating the recurring costs of having full-time employees, the need for expensive tools, analytics, keyword research, competitor analysis, paid search management and automation tools needed for effective digital marketing and measurement, is also eliminated.
|Social Med Spec
With a Digital Marketing Agency, you simply agree the scope of work, and the timeframe.
Digital Marketing Agency value proposition
It can be time-consuming to get to understand all the online marketing techniques, from SEO strategies and social media marketing to Web and App development. Working with a digital marketing agency:
- you can get access to a team of experienced and qualified experts who can go deeper across a broader range of areas, whereas individual freelancers tend to go deep into only one area. All of the above are delivered as a one-stop service
- Have a global and a remote team you are able to find sector specialists in a global economy, instead of looking to hire locally simply for the sake of it.
- Have experts have worked on similar projects in the past and are not only experienced in your industry, but also in your competitors and the latest marketing practices in your segment, as well.
- Able to be a source of new ideas: new perspectives and ideas on which techniques will yield results.
- Increased Scalability and Measurability. Digital Marketing Agencies are able to scale up, or down, as the need determines and to produce quantifiable results.
Vibe Marketing is a full service digital marketing agency, established over 16 years ago with 100’s of international clients.