Medical Tourism in South Africa
South Africa attracts about a million patients every year who seek medical tourism, with Cape Town the leading medical destination for travellers on the African continent.
People around the world visit South Africa to get affordable treatments with a variety of other attractions. South Africa is one of the most popular destinations for medical tourism, with a global ranking of 22nd out of 47 for medical tourism.
Is your practice benefitting from medical tourism?
Common Treatments in South Africa
South Africa is popular for affordable cosmetic surgeries such as
• Breast Augmentation,
• Nose Reshaping,
• Tummy Tucks,
• Heart Surgery,
• Orthopaedic Surgery,
• Organ transplantation, etc.
Cost Comparison of Medical Treatment in South Africa and the USA
|In South Africa
|Heart bypass surgery
Why do People Choose South Africa as a Medical Tourism Destination?
Below are some of the primary reasons why people choose South Africa as a medical tourism destination:
- The availability of advanced technology procedures which are performed by highly trained personnel.
- The legendary surgeon Christiaan Barnard performed the world’s first heart transplant in Cape Town.
- Cost Advantage
- Not only are cost-effective medical treatments provided but, medical tourists are also eligible for a rebate on the 14% Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Most waiting times are lower than elsewhere – leaving more time for the patient to spend their budget in South Africa.
- English is widely spoken.
- Personalised services are provided.
- Visitors to the country for less than ninety days do not require a visa.
- The natural beauty, climate and variety of tourist’ attractions and add further benefit for CONVALESCENCE LOCATIONS and/or HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS.
International Digital Marketing for medical professionals.
Medical practices that rely on walk-ins and word-of-mouth only are missing out on reaching a wider audience engaging visitors via their online digital presence to grow their businesses, as well as reaching out to an international audience.
Doctors can use a variety of digital marketing techniques such as international SEO and social media to put themselves and their clinics on the map in order to expand, grow and evolve as a business in today’s world.